Normally I only discuss sports here, but I’d like to stray off topic to something that hit me today. I’ve realized that my favorite song of all time may be “Susanne” by Weezer. It’s not because the song is epic or complicated, but the sheer talent in Rivers Cuomo comes out in that song. If you’ve never heard it, the song is played at the end of Mallrats and it’s about an A&R Assistant at Geffen Records when Weezer was first starting out. It just amazes me that someone can put those words to lyric about how someone touched his life. I’ve been playing guitar since I was 14 years old and this song caused me to realize that Cuomo has more talent in his left pinky fingernail than I do overall. I realize it’s just a random thought, but I felt I should share it. This song amazes me every time I hear it and I wish I could write songs like that guy.
- @BecomingBrandon His entire schtick is to dish nothing but hot take after hot take with no real insight. Just feels lazy. 2 hours ago
- @BecomingBrandon It's the worst form of mouth breathing. Whenever I hear Greg McElroy discuss anything CFB related… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @BecomingBrandon I stand by my comments when ESPN did the 30 for 30 on the two dudes from NYC. Why would they think… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- @vineyarddawg Mr. CFB brings the hardest hitting completely obvious analysis in the business. 3 hours ago
- Hiring crappy coaches is the short answer. twitter.com/mikeandmike/st… 4 hours ago
DisclaimerOccasionally, photographs from other sources appear here at The Hobnail Boot for humorous and illustrative purposes. It is not my intention to use these images in an inappropriate manner or to infringe upon the rights held by others. Therefore, anyone holding legal rights in the use of these images that wishes to have them taken down may contact me requesting removal, with which I will comply completely.
- 28,297 hits