The Braves succesfully signed a free agent. The Braves announced the signing of Garret Anderson today. That’s right, Braves fans. We don’t have to jump off buildings. The world isn’t ending. In my opinion, the Braves got him at a relative bargain for $2.5M. I’m excited about these stats that Anderson has put up. Career .296 hitter, 272 career homers, and 1,292 career RBI’s. Last year, Anderson hit .293 with 15 homers and 84 RBI’s. Dude can still play and he may turn out to be the better alternative to Ken Griffey, Jr. Sure, Griffey would have drawn a crowd, but I think this guy is going to be the more effective of the two this season. Ah, spring training. It’s when hope springs eternal for me before my natural pessimism takes over around April 10th. For right now, I feel good about this ballclub.
- RT @ATVS_ChefBilly: Not having Watson at the top of the board, I can get. Having Trubisky over him, I cannot. twitter.com/LanceZierlein/… 6 hours ago
- @ParrishWalton Leach? I'll have none of that besmirching of our pirated one. 10 hours ago
- @ParrishWalton Trump as a CFB coach? I'm going with Randy Shannon and using the internet to recruit. 10 hours ago
- @ParrishWalton He's the one that set 100 days as the arbitrary measuring point. It's hard when you have to actually… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago
- @JeffSchultzAJC I don't think McGarity realizes that treating us like walking wallets is gonna backfire when TV $ g… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
DisclaimerOccasionally, photographs from other sources appear here at The Hobnail Boot for humorous and illustrative purposes. It is not my intention to use these images in an inappropriate manner or to infringe upon the rights held by others. Therefore, anyone holding legal rights in the use of these images that wishes to have them taken down may contact me requesting removal, with which I will comply completely.
- 28,267 hits