The Braves succesfully signed a free agent. The Braves announced the signing of Garret Anderson today. That’s right, Braves fans. We don’t have to jump off buildings. The world isn’t ending. In my opinion, the Braves got him at a relative bargain for $2.5M. I’m excited about these stats that Anderson has put up. Career .296 hitter, 272 career homers, and 1,292 career RBI’s. Last year, Anderson hit .293 with 15 homers and 84 RBI’s. Dude can still play and he may turn out to be the better alternative to Ken Griffey, Jr. Sure, Griffey would have drawn a crowd, but I think this guy is going to be the more effective of the two this season. Ah, spring training. It’s when hope springs eternal for me before my natural pessimism takes over around April 10th. For right now, I feel good about this ballclub.
- Without context for why Kirby is rated as low as he is, this ain't doing much to dissuade my "he's Muschamp 2.0" de… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- But did the dryer catch on fire? twitter.com/wsbtraffic/sta… 1 day ago
- @ParrishWalton Wasn't Kregg Lumpkin like the #2 RB in the country behind Reggie Bush in 2003? 1 day ago
- RT @SBNation: This very good dog brings water to thirsty umpires 🐶 📹: WPTA https://t.co/8M4xbtGAgA 1 day ago
- @gatriguy @ParrishWalton I really want to know if the rumor that Thomas Brown kicked his ass is true. Only joy of 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
DisclaimerOccasionally, photographs from other sources appear here at The Hobnail Boot for humorous and illustrative purposes. It is not my intention to use these images in an inappropriate manner or to infringe upon the rights held by others. Therefore, anyone holding legal rights in the use of these images that wishes to have them taken down may contact me requesting removal, with which I will comply completely.
- 28,281 hits