Top 5 (in alphabetical order):
Remaining Seven (in alphabetical order):
- Boise State
- Georgia Tech
- Penn State
Amount of time to compile ballot: 15 minutes
Games I saw at least one quarter of action this weekend:
- Virginia Tech/UNC
- I was out of town so I didn’t get to see much this weekend other than the Dawgs game.
- Georgia will not be considered for a Mumme Poll the rest of the year even if they run the table as a four loss team is not one of the best 12 in the country.
- I truly believe Oregon is better than Boise State right now and almost put them in the top five. I think we’re going to look back at the end of this season and see that loss at Boise as one of the flukiest games of all year.
- TCU will pass Boise for mid-major BCS glory if both run the table.
- Oregon is probably the best team in the country. I don’t care how good Florida looked against Georgia. Georgia has made every team is has played this season look like world-beaters. Florida beat Georgia by the same margin as Tennessee. That doesn’t equal best team in the country to me.
- Penn State is a filler. They aren’t that great, but honestly who else goes in the top twelve?
- Pitt and Cincy get to play each other soon and one of those two will exit the poll after that.
As always, comments are welcome. More to come later on the Florida/Georgia fallout.